Free Bike !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Thanks for that Speicher, it actually went last night through freecycle to a good home after I advertised it again with a "strictly no timewasters" ad.

Thanks for the post though, I'd not heard of that group. It would've been an infinately better option than scrapping it :tongue:

cheers

Chris ;)

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I glad you found a good home for your bike through Freecycle. I use Freecycle quite a bit. Started using it when I had to empty a relative's house. Lots of good stuff went to good homes, instead of me having to get it to a Charity Shop.

I have also received several very useful items, a very comfy chair, one of those jigsaw board thingies, that you can put a half done jigsaw in. An enormous French dictionary - would have cost far too much for me to consider buying. You may have been unlucky with the time-wasters.

I have seen others trying on the Classifieds section to find a home for bikes. If I notice it, I try to point them in the direction of recycling bicycles, but it does not seem to be widely known about yet. Perhaps I should point out their existence to a Moderator. Each County seems to have a slightly different way of going about it. Motov8 seems a particularly good one. If bikes cannot be used at all, they make garden flower pot holders out of them, so that you can put trailing plants in etc, or coffee tables or all sorts of things. It seems a very well run place and hopefully gets some lads back on track.

If you know of anyone else trying to get rid of a bike, please consider suggesting the organisation in their particular County. Thank you.

Top Bottom