Free Extremely bad condition MTB.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Pick up only from North Wales.

Hardtail Shockwave. 26" Silver jump style bike.

Damage: Very rusty frame, chain, front shocks, disc brakes, handlebars. Both tires are flat (puncture), front tire is bald, rear tire has large gash in the side but does have tread on it. Rear wheel is QR but has a dangerous about of play in it (hub has gone). Gears have seized up, front and rear brake cables have been taken off.
Advantages: The majority of it is metal so you could take it to a metal recycler to see if you could get any money for it. The frame is strong however it is very rusty. Disc brake work very well, but discs are rusty.

Free to anyone who can pick up or it will be going to the tip.
Pictures are to follow.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Pictures:
03032012152.jpg

Attachments

• 03032012154.jpg
    03032012154.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 144

HovR

Über Member
What size are those discs, and do they run true? Would be willing to post them if costs are covered?

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
What size are those discs, and do they run true? Would be willing to post them if costs are covered?
Sorry, even if costs were covered it would be too much hassle for me to post this. Plus it really isn't worth posting for the condition.

I believe the discs are the standard size (don't know what they are). They have quite a bit of rust on them though, I have not checked the pads. As the rear wheel has a lot of play in it, the rear brake probably rubs when the wheel is in motion.

HovR

Über Member
I mean literally just the disc rotors, not the whole frame. In the picture the rust on the rotors seems superficial.

No problem if you can't post, though.

HovR

Über Member
I will have a good look at it tomorrow.

Appreciated. If they are 160mm, then they will be useful to me. Often the rotor size is written near the centre of the rotor where it connects to the bike, if not then it is a tape measure job.

stephen.rooke

Pick up only from North Wales.

Hardtail Shockwave. 26" Silver jump style bike.

Damage: Very rusty frame, chain, front shocks, disc brakes, handlebars. Both tires are flat (puncture), front tire is bald, rear tire has large gash in the side but does have tread on it. Rear wheel is QR but has a dangerous about of play in it (hub has gone). Gears have seized up, front and rear brake cables have been taken off.
Advantages: The majority of it is metal so you could take it to a metal recycler to see if you could get any money for it. The frame is strong however it is very rusty. Disc brake work very well, but discs are rusty.

Free to anyone who can pick up or it will be going to the tip.
Pictures are to follow.

where in north wales are you

billflat12

Veteran
is this bike still available for collection i live near chester " local to north wales" my nephew has a saracen awol an it,s frame has a main suspension piviot thats shot causing the chain to come off also has a rear promax disk
brake and front wheel which needs serious overhaul/replacement this would make an ideal donor.

Top Bottom