Free helmets for Boris Bikers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Utter cr#p actually.

Who is responsible for maintenance and cleaning?

Any helmet should be replaced if it is dropped or impacted.... How does this Company know the history of each helmet?
How do they ensure each helmet is safe and undamaged?

Helmets should fit and be comfortable, badly fitted helmets INCREASE injury - how does the company ensure correct fit and adjustment?
If an injury occurs because the helmet was poorly fitted or adjusted - what insurance cover does the Company have in place?

Cleaning is absolutely essential for safe use. What measures does the company have in place to prevent the transfer of lice, fungal scalp infections or once again compensation if the use of the helmet causes such an infection?

winjim

Smash the cistern
This is alibi "active pretox drink" is it? The one that encourages people to go out heavy drinking?

Sara_H

Guru
Well, that seems to have backfired a bit. My heads itching just watching the video.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/boris_bike_accident_statistics_2

Of the over 30 million hires on the scheme to date the number of incidents
involving cycle hire bikes represents less than 0.002% of all hires made.
This equates to one incident of any type every 53,285 hires

And they use the fatality in their ad, where the poor girl was dragged under the wheels of a HGV, and nothing was going to save her.

Nasty, nasty people.

(Melbourne bike share is offering free helmets with the hire, or to buy from convenience stores for around £3. But that is because they have compulsory helmets .....)

Last edited:

rb58

Enigma
[QUOTE 3379507, member: 259"]I don't think I fall into their target group. Never use Doris bikes, never use a helmet, and never buy scientific health drinks.[/QUOTE]
Oi! Don't diss Boris Bikes. Brilliantly fit for purpose. I use them all the time around town. <without helmet>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom