Free Laboratory-Based Fitness Assessment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pablodomene

Healthy volunteers are needed for a cycling exercise research study. A comprehensive fitness report containing the results of a lactate profile and VO2max test (including heart rate ranges, corresponding power outputs, and percentages of VO2max) will be given free of charge to all volunteers.

Researchers at St Mary's University College in Twickenham want to determine if dietary nitrate (THE ACTIVE INGREDIENT IN BEETROOT JUICE) will affect the physiological responses to submaximal cycling exercise and improve 20km cycling time trial performance. Volunteers should be between 20–50 years old, not taking blood pressure medication, and regularly cycling at least 2 hours per week.

Pablo Domene, BA
Email: 090627@live.smuc.ac.uk
Mobile: 07551 321637

This project has been approved by the St Mary’s University College Ethics Sub-Committee as postgraduate research study R_HS_0211/02 (14/12/10).

Globalti

Legendary Member
Beetroot? Damn, I've been necking huge cans of spinach all my life.....

Broadside

Guru
I'm very interested in taking part.

What dates are available for this? How long do the tests take? Is it a one-off exercise or would we need to return multiple times for repeat tests?

henshaw11

Well, my weekly commute's a fastish 30 minutes each way, most days of the week between Walton and Staines, so it'd be almost rude not to volunteer - I'll try to remember to drop you a mail tomorrow :smile:

I'm 48 so just sneaking in..

Top Bottom