Free parking?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There is a " corner shop" in Stowmarket where double yellow lines start from and go around a corner, simples me thinks. I will bet 9 times out of 10 there will be cars parked on the lines for them to go into the shop. Who is going to nab them ? It would`nt be so bad if it was`nt for the corner and also people crossing the road. The parking starts just by the shop so really it is only single lane for a couple of hundred yards. It is a local shop so you`d think most people would walk, wrong. It got worse during the so called lock down.

Slick

Guru
There is a " corner shop" in Stowmarket where double yellow lines start from and go around a corner, simples me thinks. I will bet 9 times out of 10 there will be cars parked on the lines for them to go into the shop. Who is going to nab them ? It would`nt be so bad if it was`nt for the corner and also people crossing the road. The parking starts just by the shop so really it is only single lane for a couple of hundred yards. It is a local shop so you`d think most people would walk, wrong. It got worse during the so called lock down.
It's much the same on one part of my commute home at a staggered junction that as I'm turning right, puts me very close to both left and even right turning LGV'S as lazy drivers simply refuse to walk the length of themselves. I've had police cars behind me witness how close trailers can get but I've yet to see them do anything about it.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Just thought of another example from "I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue"

Says Humph "That went terribly well. Let's have another game"

and after a pause corrects himself "That went terribly. Well let's have another game"

And of course there's the rather deeper line

"woman without her man is nothing" - take great care where the comma goes

Top Bottom