Free - Raleigh Pioneer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salar

A fish out of water
I put this up a few weeks ago, with no takers, so hung on to it. But I've decided to let it go.

Raleigh Pioneer Classic 15 speed, as I don't have the bike at home I think the frame is approx 21".

Just needs a quick once over, front changer needs adjustments and adjust brakes.

Would like it to be used, no ebay flippers please.

The bike is in Herefordshire, collection only.
$_57.JPG

that's a generous offer, I hope someone takes you up on it.

OP
OP
Salar

Salar

A fish out of water
Nobody???

If no takers I'll strip it down and keep some of the parts or maybe upgrade it.

Shame no members want it. (It won't be going on fleabay)

you could be right ,where abouts in wet wales is it located, ah just seen its in the o.p

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
cant believe nobody can find a use for this

I can't believe that @Salar even wants to get rid of such a useful and well made machine. However, it's a small frame size and located in a sparsely populated part of the country, where for many the cost of the fuel to go and collect it just doesn't add up - even for a free bike. Personally I'd just keep it, a low-value bike doesn't eat anything when parked up out of service.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I'd have had it for Mrs D, but it's a fair old trek.

My 23 year old example is my frontline service bike, the one I automatically go for if I'm not going anywhere too dodgy and I want something that rolls a bit more easily than a knobbly tyred MTB. The back-up bike is a 30 year old 531 framed Gemini 18 hybrid, the ancestor of the Pioneer, very similar overall but a tad lighter in weight. No-one seems to appreciate old British-built steel, they all want far-east stuff with ugly looking oversized tubing frames these days.

vickster

Legendary Member
You could offer it locally on Freecycle, donate it to a charity shop or even try to get a few quid selling on Gumtree which you could then give to your favourite charity :okay: going local is probably going to be easiest given your more remote location :smile:

Top Bottom