Free Specialized Langster steel frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Free Langster steel frame, size large but it has part of a seat post stuck in it. I tried caustic soda which got most of the post out except a small piece. I’ve given up on it and bought a new frame. Could also do with a re spray.
Pick up from Hemel Hempstead
Long standing forum members only
FE441354-AEDF-46D8-AA28-574849D5E2FB.jpeg
97F16C13-31DE-4458-B676-D294D505FD45.jpeg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Free Langster steel frame, size large but it has part of a seat post stuck in it. I tried caustic soda which got most of the post out except a small piece. I’ve given up on it and bought a new frame. Could also do with a re spray.
Pick up from Hemel Hempstead
Long standing forum members only
View attachment 401703
View attachment 401704

Nice bit of Karma @jayonabike , how far down the tube is that stuck piece ?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I really appreciate gesture to offer it up for free and I would like to take on the challenge (partly to annoy the wife), but I don't think I will be able to get down to you in the near future, so I will pass. I hope it goes to a deserving home and does not get junked.

I think you need to leave it for a while and then come back to it when you have settled down. It must be frustrating that you have got do far and it has thrown another spanner in the works.
A good saw blade or narrow file should be able to cut through the edge of the post . You would need to make 2 or 3 cuts to make the tube into segments so as to loosen it's grip and allow it to move to be extracted.

GuyBoden

Guru
You've nearly finished, but using caustic soda, it's a long wait.

I'd block up the seat tube from the BB side, carefully pour in some caustic soda and leave it outside for a week or two. Add more caustic soda if needed.

Top Bottom