Free to a Good Home: An Elephant Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I didn't know about these. How brilliant :notworthy:

Boopop

Guru
I'll bite. Can you deliver to Leighton Buzzard? :smile: I have a friend who might like it, she's currently riding an awful bicycle shaped object. Will gladly pay back in cake - Thanks!

Reactions: mjr

Boopop

Guru
Received it an hour ago, and it's just left me again as it's now with Liz. She's very grateful and I caught her cycling past my flat on the way back home, looking very classy! She even gave me some sweets as thanks - winning! Thanks so much Greg.

Last edited:

pubrunner

Legendary Member
When I saw this thread, the only text that could be seen on my laptop, was . . .

"Free to a Good Home: An Elephant"

I was rather taken with the notion of owning an elephant; I already have a Rhodesian Ridgeback, and I thought that she might welcome a companion from similar climes. Sadly though, our back garden isn't big enough for either an elephant or to use an elephant bike.

Boopop

Guru
Sorry for the necro-bump and sorry if I got anyone's hopes up, but just to say thanks again to @User for his very generous gift. Liz has now been riding "Nelly" for almost a year. Liz uses her to get to and from work every weekday and also to generally just get around town. We cycled to the Three Locks Pub north of Leighton Buzzard last night, so here's a photo from that ride. Oh and don't worry, the front basket is just in storage. Cheers :smile:

AEN_nmqhyD_Zq9u5mqmby2YupkJdWDb1pVvSagbaIvPlWNNiIhlqSJauC_8BJvagX87mcuSXgwCyWJ57g=w1431-h1073-no.jpg

Sorry for the necro-bump and sorry if I got anyone's hopes up, but just to say thanks again to @User for his very generous gift. Liz has now been riding "Nelly" for almost a year. Liz uses her to get to and from work every weekday and also to generally just get around town. We cycled to the Three Locks Pub north of Leighton Buzzard last night, so here's a photo from that ride. Oh and don't worry, the front basket is just in storage. Cheers :smile:

View attachment 412489

Your shadow has a Nosferatu feel to it ...
hqdefault.jpg

Top Bottom