Free to a good home Claud Butler 531 frame (Altrincham - WA14)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BobS

Regular
Collection only!
I have a Claud Butler 531 frame surplus to my requirements. It is a 22.5“ frame. It has been mine for about 30 years I have always assumed it is a 1950’s bike, but I have no evidence for that. There is a dint in the top tube (it was there when I got it), the forks have been replaced with some dodgy chrome ones and probably need replacing again. That was my doing. Paint work is original but in poor condition. I have checked that the seat post moves, but left it in case it is an unusual size. I have also left the cranks and single stronglight chainset. I ave run it on 700c wheels, but I expect it was built for 27".
DSCF3206.JPG DSCF3209.JPG DSCF3213.JPG

I have more pictures if want. Should make a good restoration project for someone.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
nice bit of karma @BobS if i didn't have a garage full i would be asking questions

PHL67

Veteran
Collection only!
I have a Claud Butler 531 frame surplus to my requirements. It is a 22.5“ frame. It has been mine for about 30 years I have always assumed it is a 1950’s bike, but I have no evidence for that. There is a dint in the top tube (it was there when I got it), the forks have been replaced with some dodgy chrome ones and probably need replacing again. That was my doing. Paint work is original but in poor condition. I have checked that the seat post moves, but left it in case it is an unusual size. I have also left the cranks and single stronglight chainset. I ave run it on 700c wheels, but I expect it was b View attachment 432700 View attachment 432701 View attachment 432702 uilt for 27”.

I have more pictures if want. Should make a good restoration project for someone.
Wish I saw this a couple of days ago as I was in area yesterday. Back up there at end of month in Warrington area if not gone by then.

PHL67

Veteran
Collection only!
I have a Claud Butler 531 frame surplus to my requirements. It is a 22.5“ frame. It has been mine for about 30 years I have always assumed it is a 1950’s bike, but I have no evidence for that. There is a dint in the top tube (it was there when I got it), the forks have been replaced with some dodgy chrome ones and probably need replacing again. That was my doing. Paint work is original but in poor condition. I have checked that the seat post moves, but left it in case it is an unusual size. I have also left the cranks and single stronglight chainset. I ave run it on 700c wheels, but I expect it was b View attachment 432700 View attachment 432701 View attachment 432702 uilt for 27”.

@BobS will be able to collect this if you can contact me. Thank you.

PHL67

Veteran
Collection only!

Can you please confirm if still available and would like it.
Many thanks.

PHL67

Veteran
Collection only!
I have a Claud Butler 531 frame surplus to my requirements. It is a 22.5“ frame. It has been mine for about 30 years I have always assumed it is a 1950’s bike, but I have no evidence for that. There is a dint in the top tube (it was there when I got it), the forks have been replaced with some dodgy chrome ones and probably need replacing again. That was my doing. Paint work is original but in poor condition. I have checked that the seat post moves, but left it in case it is an unusual size. I have also left the cranks and single stronglight chainset. I ave run it on 700c wheels, but I expect it was built for 27".
View attachment 432700 View attachment 432701 View attachment 432702

@BobS still interested if you can reply please. Thanks.

PHL67

Veteran
Collection only!
View attachment 432700 View attachment 432701 View attachment 432702

Hi, I am staying in Altrincham tomorrow night with work.

Can you send me your address please so I can collect if available.
Many thanks.

Top Bottom