Freezing Fog...........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
fog

waiting at the lights at Blackhorse Road looking down Ferry Lane acroos the marshes and stuff had me lifting my glasses repeatedly thinking, 'it can't be that foggy'

it was though, and cold, the buff went on ten minutes into the journey

doyler78

I had fog from start to finish on the way to and from work today. Coming home it was much thicker than it was going. At times it was hard to even see the side of the road. I actually found it quite spooky when there were no street lights, no cars and dense fog. It looked like something out of swamp thing. Best of all it was my first commute on spd's and that was really an experience. Kept clipping myself back in when I had unclipped and then there'd be times where I couldn't seem to find the right side to click in and trying to concentrate on watching where I was going and trying to get my feet in was a bit of an ordeal. Thankfully I have very few points at which I need to unclip so it wasn't too bad all in all I say now.

Tetedelacourse

Bit colder here this morning, a smattering of frost in parts but otherwise not bad. A few banks of fog but it looks like it's turning out to be a cracking day. My fastest commute of the year so far - unintentionally so too.

ps buff came OFF 20 mins in!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Tetedelacourse said:
Bit colder here this morning, a smattering of frost in parts but otherwise not bad. A few banks of fog but it looks like it's turning out to be a cracking day. My fastest commute of the year so far - unintentionally so too.

ps buff came OFF 20 mins in!

My Buff's under my helmet to keep my head warm and stop the sweat running down into my eyes, so no matter how hot it gets I can't take it off....

Tynan

Veteran
I rarely wear the buff, it's usually wrapped around my keys to stop them buggering the stiching of the jersey pocket, on the odd time when I'm setting off from evening classes late in the evening and have got a bit cold getting the bike ready to go, it's been a real life saver, the difference it makes is out of all proportion to it's size

it was on this morning all trip, I am in a gillet rather than jacket though

Tetedelacourse

MrGrumpy said:
how far and what time :thumbsdown: I need to compare to see if I need to speed up or slow down :tongue:

19.8km in 41min flat

Not my quickest ever, but quickest this year.

Oddly, I've done the home leg in 38m30s. Dunno why. Guess I don't like going to work!

Tetedelacourse

Buffs are excellent aren't they? I can't believe I walked this earth so long without one. Obviously I've been "in the buff" many times.

I'm a Buffy buff fan myself. I had mine on this morning. This meant I could still feel my face and ears when I got to work this morning.

I'm like goo, I wear my buff under my helmet.

How do you, wear yours? :thumbsdown:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I'm sure Fnaar will be along in a moment with some Finbarr Saunders-esque comment involving 'buff' and 'helmet' :thumbsdown::

First discovered Buffs in 2003 when I used one when wandering about in the mountains in Slovenia.

A really versatile yet simple item.

Tetedelacourse

goo_mason said:
I'm sure Fnaar will be along in a moment with some Finbarr Saunders-esque comment involving 'buff' and 'helmet' :biggrin::

First discovered Buffs in 2003 when I used one when wandering about in the mountains in Slovenia.

A really versatile yet simple item.

:thumbsdown::laugh::tongue::laugh::ohmy:

I have an image of you in the mountains grubby and naked expect for a buff. Eating off the land and making primal grunts now and then.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Some here today. It was clear on the top of the hill i live on, but on my way to the club ride and on the way down the bottom of the valley it was very foggy. I had ice on the front of my bike, on my trousers, coat and my helmet. I pulled the buff up in the balaclaver positiong and it kept my ears warm. Was abit annoying when i went up some of the hills and i had some ice drop down from my helmet.
The Buff is better then a normal scarf or hat, the fact i pulled my up over my head so it kept my ears warm, made a huge difference. Why dont they do a reflective polar buff?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Tetedelacourse said:
19.8km in 41min flat

Not my quickest ever, but quickest this year.

Oddly, I've done the home leg in 38m30s. Dunno why. Guess I don't like going to work!

thats not bad going, quickest ive done my 15mile commute was 49mins on the current fixed, reckon if i get my geared bike fixed for summer ill be cruising :smile:

Top Bottom