French Dynamic brand mixte bike. Who knows this brand?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FFFietsen

Just bought this bike. According to the former owner the frame and wheels were found in France, all the other parts are coming from other vintage bikes or are new.
I'd like to know the provenance of this brand, but I can't (and neither does the former owner) find anything about this brand online.

Anyone who knows more about this French brand?

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2022-04-30 om 17.30.04.png
    Schermafbeelding 2022-04-30 om 17.30.04.png
    245.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Schermafbeelding 2022-04-30 om 17.29.53.png
    Schermafbeelding 2022-04-30 om 17.29.53.png
    351.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Schermafbeelding 2022-04-30 om 17.29.31.png
    Schermafbeelding 2022-04-30 om 17.29.31.png
    533.3 KB · Views: 9

Cycleops

Legendary Member
No idea I’m afraid but what a weird bike. A sit up and beg roadster with a close ratio double chainring like a racer of the period plus a close ratio freewheel. Bit like a go faster wing on a car I guess. Great find.
The French are particularly nationalist when it comes to their buying habits and was also true of bikes so I can see it’s appeal. It must have difficult for them to accept British Reynolds tubing when it became popular in the sixties.

OP
OP
FFFietsen

FFFietsen

I think I understand what your saying. The bike itself seems to scream ‘get up and race’, except for the steering wheel that’s more ‘let’s go cruising’.
And apparently this works, because it’s the most comfortable bike I’ve ever had because of it. My back is straight and arms are for the most part next to my body in resting position because of the low position of the steering wheel. Very relaxing ride also when going a bit faster.

The British mixte I've just decomissioned came to me set up just like yours, although the gearing was much wider. Downtube shifters as well, which are a total PITA without drops. So I reckon both yours and mine began life with drop bars. Yours the racier, mine the touristier.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
So they have. Easy enough to pick up another though.

Look like steel rims so maybe change out the brake blocks for something more appropriate if you want it to stop in the wet. :ohmy:

OP
OP
FFFietsen

FFFietsen

So they have. Easy enough to pick up another though.

Look like steel rims so maybe change out the brake blocks for something more appropriate if you want it to stop in the wet. :ohmy:

Have yet to ride it in the wet, so have to test this for myself if it will be necessary.

OP
OP
FFFietsen

FFFietsen

The British mixte I've just decomissioned came to me set up just like yours, although the gearing was much wider. Downtube shifters as well, which are a total PITA without drops. So I reckon both yours and mine began life with drop bars. Yours the racier, mine the touristier.

It probably did have drop bars to begin with. Maybe later on I’ll place the shifters on the steering colomn, maybe, because I have it setup in the same gear for most of the time.

Top Bottom