Fresh Face

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Yes, I would have thought work permit would be the biggest problem. I can't get a green card to work in the US without a) being sponsored by a US firm and B) satisfying the test that there are no capable US citizens out there who could carry out the role in my place. These things are often reciprocal.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Cubist said:
Bacup is in Lancs...... Calderdale folk are fine (but don't try to catch them clipping coins)
I was going to point that out, but you beat me to it!

As for Calderdale folk... half of the people here are from elsewhere these days. When the mills shut down in the 50s and 60s half the local population exported themselves to the bright lights of Manchester and Leeds and ever since there has been a steady stream of people coming the other way, myself included.

I've just been for a walk near Cragg Vale and there didn't seem to be any 'coiners' at work today - it's probably too cold for 'em!

OP
OP
J

jdub742

ChrisKH said:
Yes, I would have thought work permit would be the biggest problem. I can't get a green card to work in the US without a) being sponsored by a US firm and :wacko: satisfying the test that there are no capable US citizens out there who could carry out the role in my place. These things are often reciprocal.

Dood, I own a bike shop in the US. I will sponsor you if you sponsor me. It looks like a case of the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

I plan to reside in the UK permanently if possible. Should I apply for a Visa before I arrive, do I need a work permit first. The link to the website was very helpful, but also confusing as it is not clear on what I need since I have no ties to anyone in the UK.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
If you're serious mate and not a troll then I seriously suggest you do some proper research rather than asking on a cycle chat forum.

OP
OP
J

jdub742

rich p said:
If you're serious mate and not a troll then I seriously suggest you do some proper research rather than asking on a cycle chat forum.

Just thought some "real" people may be able to help with "real" knowledge more than some government official and their legal jargon that I can't relate to. Thanks for all the info.

GentleBenn

Veteran
rich p said:

You own a bike shop ?:hyper:
Is somebody gonna run it for you when you live here perm then ?

You will need a visa, if you're gonna work here you'll need one mate,dont work here illegally ! No firm worth their salt who has a contract for the olympics build would/should employ you without a visa/work permit .
The link (from tdr1nka) looked straight forward enough to me,just read it!

Top Bottom