Friday cooking broth for the Witches ball

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wakemalcolm

Legendary Member
Location
Ratho
It's a nice day, but the ground's wet. No mowing for me then.

Did my first gravel ride sans mudguards (new wider tyres) yesterday, so today I'll be cleaning my bike and researching 'guards options.

Coffee, and maybe some stretching.
 

Homers Double

Senior Member
Your wind and rain is further south, right around and above me.
On my way to a site meeting and then WFH afterwards.
Ride tomorrow once child and puppy have been collected.
 

wakemalcolm

Legendary Member
Location
Ratho
I put the wider Fend Offs on mine, seem to work well.

Cheers Vin, I'll take a closer look at those.

I'm in transitional fudge mode at the moment trying to eek some extra life out of a V-brake ti tourer; eventually I'll bite the bullet, buy some gravel forks and switch to discs (front only). I've managed to get a 40 to sit in the front forks and it looks like a 45 might also go (the 40 can switch to the back, it looks a bit tighter down there.)

First thing to do is probably buy a width guage, as I've not had an excuse to buy one of those yet.
 

sungod

Über Member
'ning

another sunnymild start, make the most of it as it looks like a wall of nippiness is due in a few days

rode ride, the pond fish are lively, more coffee now

stroll to dead georgio's to pick up trousers they hemmed, then on to dead christian's to drop off trousers that are a bit too long to have hems tweaked, finally dead charles' corner shop to pick up freebie, it's all go, may have a bubbly as a restorative
 

Homers Double

Senior Member
So, winter longs… since DHB has departed the wiggle fold I’m open to suggestions.
I bought a Lusso jacket earlier this year and I have to say I’m impressed but as always sizing can be hit and miss. My jacket for example is 3XL but quite roomy as I, as well as the general public I pass don’t like the skin tight look.
 

wakemalcolm

Legendary Member
Location
Ratho
Last time I looked I almost bought some D2D stuff as Iiked their no nonsense approach.

Just before I pressed the button, I hooked some Enduras at a bargain price. D2D are still trading so I presume they must be doing something right (or someone's got a garage full of sh*t that didn't bankrupt them when they started.)
So, winter longs… since DHB has departed the wiggle fold I’m open to suggestions.
I bought a Lusso jacket earlier this year and I have to say I’m impressed but as always sizing can be hit and miss. My jacket for example is 3XL but quite roomy as I, as well as the general public I pass don’t like the skin tight look
 
Top Bottom