Friday fun .... How middle class are you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Some things don't work for Canada - having a wood stove just... keeps you alive in winter. You're more middle class if you have a house that's so well insulated that you don't need a wood stove.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Surely a bread maker and espresso machine would be better than a BBQ and hot tub?

If those were on the list, I'd be laughing and definitively middle class.

stephec

Legendary Member
Yep...

and double points if the espresso machine is bean to cup.

You get triple points if you keep your own sourdough starter in the utility room/scullery and quadruple points if it's over a year old.

I'm having double points then, but my flour is only organic.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Only 1 now (*), but that is Mrs SBs iMac that I am allowed to use under sufferance. So technically I'm cut from the common clod.

*No 2 would have been the Brompton but it is no longer in my stable of bikes. I just couldn't part with my Birdy.

pplpilot

Guru
Ashamed to say it but 12... gulp, I've become middle class without knowing. I don't have Hot tub, Aga, Brompton or a posh bag.

stephec

Legendary Member
They laughed at my first world problems in the office, when I complained that the coffee machine had broken down and I was having to resort to a grinder and cafetiere.
It's no laughing matter.

I started with a DeLonghi espresso machine that burst it's seals after a few years. As a stop gap I had a Lavazza pod machine that couldn't make anything like an espresso.

Finally after a twitchy week I got hold of a Gaggia that did a brilliant job, until I found a good deal on my DeLonghi bean to cup.

The Gaggia is now safely in storage in case of any future emergencies.

Top Bottom