Friday is Cocktail-day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I like a classic mojito, but I don't have a photo because I don't have any gin.
Now I'm sad.
Cheer up - it's white rum you need, not gin!

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
A classic martini - Belverdere vodka & Noilly Prat vermouth

Gin, not vodka, served straight from the freezer, and with the merest hint of Vermouth.

I saw a bottle of premixed Negroni in the duty-free shop today. Not sure why. A Negroni wasn't on the cocktail list when I flew back from Dubai on Emirates a year or two back, but while I was propping up the bar I discovered that they had all the ingredients. It's one of my favourites, ever since I first had one watching the passegiata in Naples.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member

I'm trying to figure out if that glass is far too big, or if the drink is far too small..? :scratch:

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Gin, not vodka, served straight from the freezer, and with the merest hint of Vermouth.

I saw a bottle of premixed Negroni in the duty-free shop today. Not sure why. A Negroni wasn't on the cocktail list when I flew back from Dubai on Emirates a year or two back, but while I was propping up the bar I discovered that they had all the ingredients. It's one of my favourites, ever since I first had one watching the passegiata in Naples.
I've read about gin martinis but never tried one. I'm cooking dinner for the wife tomorrow with a few cocktails. I shall try both, just for the purpose of this thread and report back!

I've tried the pre mixed bottle of Negroni (made by Campari) it is ok, convenient (I took a bottle on holiday) but not the same as making your own.

jayonabike