Friday legs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 1465385"]
Did four days last week - Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri. And really feeling it in the legs today. Guess it has been a tad windier than usual but never felt as achy before. Wasn't even able to leg-brake as much as ususally do. Where I would only use brakes 5 or 6 times on the 30 mile round journey I was using brakes every time I need to slow/stop.

Haven't done a lot of cycling last week June/early July so guess that's why...
[/quote]

yes last week was a tad windier than of late. I always hate it when i see on the forecast that the wind is from the N/NE cos i know my commute home is gonna be tough.

D

Deleted member 1258

[QUOTE 1465385"]
Did four days last week - Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri. And really feeling it in the legs today. Guess it has been a tad windier than usual but never felt as achy before. Wasn't even able to leg-brake as much as ususally do. Where I would only use brakes 5 or 6 times on the 30 mile round journey I was using brakes every time I need to slow/stop.

Haven't done a lot of cycling last week June/early July so guess that's why...
[/quote]

Sounds like you've over done it a bit and need a couple of rest days. How come you hadn't done a lot of cycling June/July time? I'm doing 13 miles a day over five days plus a manual job and fifty, sixty miles on a Sunday. I'll often, especially if works busy, get to Friday and find the legs are a bit unwilling, sluggish, down on power and my speed has dropped off a little. My routine is to treat Saturday as a non cycling rest day and take a Sunday off every three or four weeks. If I don't take a Sunday off once in a while the mojo disappears and cycling stops being enjoyable.

It doesn't matter which way the wind blows, the tall buildings act like a wind tunnel against me on the incline home. :-(

For what it's worth, I'm cream crackered by Friday and the homeward bound commute is a real chore of a slog.

On the plus side, on saturday I rode 6 miles in twenty minutes which included a 14% hill and an argument on the way up it with some twat who thought it would be funny to overtake halfway up and then immediately park so he could play with his phone.... he could have parked behind but it was funnier this way.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 1465390"]
Holidays, business trips...
[/quote]

Being a big lazy git....
thumbsup.png

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not had Friday legs for a bit.

Last few weeks it's been extended long way home on Friday, so minimum of 30 miles, two of which were 40 mile Friday's. :biggrin:

Had the odd mid-week legs though !!! :whistle:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Not had Friday legs for a bit.

Last few weeks it's been extended long way home on Friday, so minimum of 30 miles, two of which were 40 mile Friday's. :biggrin:

Had the odd mid-week legs though !!! :whistle:

Thursday/Fridays are usually my fastest and most enjoyable commutes. I think it's a combination of the legs finding their rhythm plus knowing I'm in the home straight.

Tynan

Veteran
Dunwich Dynamo plus Ipswich at the weekend

I'm partial to a bit of a bomb home on Friday, home stright sprint if you like, no need to worry about riding in the morning and beer one waiting

That said I'm on the lash tonight albeit with a Boris Bile ride from London Bridge up to Temple to get a thirst on for beer one

Top Bottom