Friday Links

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Mostly found via the excellent "Treadly and Me" Blog;

Yellow Brick Road: Preliminary findings on cyclist hatred

In the aftermath of recent events, I've decided to undertake a research project on cyclists/motorists conflicts from a psychological standpoint. I recently collected 570 online comments that were published in relation to the (alleged) 'road rage' event involving the 'Coluzzi bunch’ on Southern Cross Drive last month.
Elle MacPherson Rides Without a Helmet

However, The Body, who runs the biggest-selling brand of designer lingerie in Britain, was not protecting her own head, nor that of her five-year-old son, Cy.

Neither rider sported a helmet during their journey home along London's busy streets, as helmets for cyclists are optional in the UK.

In Sydney, both Elle and Cy would be issued fines of $53 each.
Cycling News Round Up - Sponsors want Boonen to ride tour, will stay with Quick-Step

The 92 Year old cyclist and his 56 year old bike

For his 80th birthday he rode to Oxnard, Calif. -- about 380 miles. For his 90th birthday he went for a 40-mile bike ride to Friant Dam and back. He hasn't made plans yet for his next birthday bicycle ride in October...

The Paris-Roubaix Randonee

Once every two years, the Velo Club de Roubaix organises a randonnée over the legendary parcours. It's now in its 30th edition and four of us from the bike titles (me, Tony Farrelly, Robin Coomber and Mat Brett), decided that it would be a good thing to do it. Robin had done it before, but only the "intermediate" 190km version. The rest of us hadn't, although I'd previously ridden a few of the pavé sectors as well as the Tour of Flanders sportive.

Top Bottom