Friday night is American geography night

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Helly79

rh100;1274867][QUOTE=Helly79 said:
Can't beat a bit of REM can you? Losing My Religion era was probably their best times IMO.

totally automatic for the people and out of time album, were there best. Although i do love the song leaving New York

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Helly79;1276554][QUOTE=rh100 said:
totally automatic for the people and out of time album, were there best. Although i do love the song leaving New York

Automatic for the People was excellent, but turned out to a last really strong album, I reckon. By Green and Out of Time they had already started started to lose it, so it was a return to form (IMHO) - much as Out of Time has personal memories for me. I was much more a fan of their earlier stuff - 'Cuyahoga' being my favourite song that fits in with this theme (named after the Cuyahoga River that famously 'caught fire' in the 1960s because it was so polluted). That's off Life's Rich Pageant which I think may also be my favourite of their albums, along with Fables of the Reconstruction.

rh100

Flying_Monkey said:
Automatic for the People was excellent, but turned out to a last really strong album, I reckon. By Green and Out of Time they had already started started to lose it, so it was a return to form (IMHO) - much as Out of Time has personal memories for me. I was much more a fan of their earlier stuff - 'Cuyahoga' being my favourite song that fits in with this theme (named after the Cuyahoga River that famously 'caught fire' in the 1960s because it was so polluted). That's off Life's Rich Pageant which I think may also be my favourite of their albums, along with Fables of the Reconstruction.

The later ones haven't caught my attention as much. I loved Out Of Time, 'Me In Honey' especially. Orange Crush from 'Green' and Radio Free Europe and Driver 8 being a couple of my favourite older one's. They also did a good cover of Cohen's First We Take Manhattan.

I don't recall the New York one Helly, I will have to dig the CD's out as my MP3 collection is strangely lacking in REM for some reason, time to reaquaint myself I think.

I saw them at the NEC a couple of years ago, very good live band.

Top Bottom