Friday night is Flashback Friday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Ben Shermans, Stay Prest Levis, putting new Levi jeans on and getting in the bath to shrink them, Easter at Scarborough sleeping in ditches and golf huts.

Last edited:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
1977, school bus in Malta, the drivers would always be playing music. All we had to worry about then was getting homework done on time.
One that stuck in my mind:

(Mind you, even teenagers could get fed up with a song played several times on the way to school, and on the way back, every day for a week or two!)

ACS

Legendary Member
My mate Davy D (aka The Big Daftie) burst into our house in 1974, thust an album into my hands and with a wild eyed excitment shouted 'play this now! Given Davy's doubious taste in 'modern music' I had my doubts. "Queen" who are these jokers I asked ? Just the best rock band since Slade he replied.

After 50 years of friendship, my best mate the Big Daftie left us recently and there isn't a day passes when I don't think about him. Bless you Davy

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
This reminds me of Sunday nights in our back kitchen with my dad tuning in the big wooden wireless to listen to Radio Luxembourg top 20

http://www.offringa.nl/radioluxembourg.htm

Top Bottom