Friday night is German bands night

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I saw her somewhere in Cambridge in the mid Seventies. Dressed all in black, playing her harmonium.

Very German.

[media]
]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcMJTcwP7W8[/media]

slowmotion

Quite dreadful

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Radchenister, did I see under you avatar a while ago that your location was Gloucester, that's my neck of the woods too, although I now live near Stonehouse.

Radchenister

Veteran
... apologies for late response, been out with my young lad on the MTBs for a change of scene, lovely weather and good fun after a winter of monotonous grey sky road riding.

Joking on the music front, very good tunes actually (well some of them ;)) ... just Friday night banter, not meant to offend.

On the location front, we're more S Glos than Glos (or 'Avon' as it was known but no-one knows where that is) ; just over the border near Falfield on the main run, pit stop possible if you're passing.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
No need to apologise. Did you have a nice time out?

No offence taken at all, I know it was banter.

Its good to find someone else localish here. I rarely venture south, I work near Tewkesbury and my family are in Gloucester itself. A step daughter did live in Bristol up until a few months ago so did get down there every now and then when she was there, but she's back home now. If I ever need a pit stop down that way I'll let you know, likewise if you are ever up around Stroud then there's a stop here if you need one.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Chromo's big on weird prog rock nonsense uber cool music so he's used to people being offensive awestruck.
FTFY

Actually I'm used to a less than enthusiastic response when people who ask what music I like actually find out. I'm still doing my best to spread the word though.
You never said if you wanted to pop round and listen to the rest of the LP with that track called Helicopter on, I've got the beers in ready.

Radchenister

Veteran
No need to apologise. Did you have a nice time out?

No offence taken at all, I know it was banter.

Its good to find someone else localish here. I rarely venture south, I work near Tewkesbury and my family are in Gloucester itself. A step daughter did live in Bristol up until a few months ago so did get down there every now and then when she was there, but she's back home now. If I ever need a pit stop down that way I'll let you know, likewise if you are ever up around Stroud then there's a stop here if you need one.

Ah good, forums are never great for portraying tongue-in-cheek humour (or perhaps the humour is just bad full stop;)) ; thanks for offer, I am building up to Stroud visits and beyond, there's that big whopping climb past Stroud that gets up on top and allows a home run for me back through Wotton and Charfield, I have told myself that is the real test for the summer - to be able to handle that loop without dying is the game plan! The very short MTB trip around here was real easy, as no.1 son's only 10 but it did show me how much of a difference the winter's made - after far too long not riding I struggled around the local loop in the summer and now it's a doddle.

Anyhow, on with the weird German strangeness - it's a bit embarrassing to admit it in public but I think I'm liking it ;) lol .

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Ah good, forums are never great for portraying tongue-in-cheek humour (or perhaps the humour is just bad full stop;)) ; thanks for offer, I am building up to Stroud visits and beyond, there's that big whopping climb past Stroud that gets up on top and allows a home run for me back through Wotton and Charfield, I have told myself that is the real test for the summer - to be able to handle that loop without dying is the game plan! The very short MTB trip around here was real easy, as no.1 son's only 10 but it did show me how much of a difference the winter's made - after far too long not riding I struggled around the local loop in the summer and now it's a doddle.

Anyhow, on with the weird German strangeness - it's a bit embarrassing to admit it in public but I think I'm liking it ;) lol .

There's load of b*****d hills around here, my nearest one is Frocester Hill and its why I generally turn right out instead of left when I leave my road, it's easy in a car though.

Radchenister

Veteran
I know said hill, it's a right booger!

If I manage Frocester and round I'll be really kicking butt, unlikely to get there this season - my main aim is a solid loop starting out North down the A38 to warm up, ease it up to Stroud and then push on up Whiteway (nice scenic, through woods) get to the top and then back through Wotton and Charfield or multiple variants via back lanes; may have to start wearing head phones and listening to some German rave music though, or get on the EPO, as I know it'll destroy me ;) .

Top Bottom