Friday Night Is Music Night: Pop Instrumentals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Not quite - it's the other way round. Dance with the Devil was released in Jan 74 and Night Flight to Venus was a few years later in July 78. Mr Powell actually based Dance with the Devil on Hendrix's "Third Stone From The Sun" (1967)....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8t1RWKCvqQ

It's also a little known fact that Mr Powell's drummer had harnessed time and thus, was 100% capable of pulling off the ultimate in plagiarism.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
Dancingin outer space
Atmosfear

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Orbital (along with 808 state) are one of my faves, anything from their first 3 LP's is fine by me :smile:. Not many people have heard this version of chime though

Orbital and 808 State remind me of college days. I was a bit of a complete-ist as far as 808 State. Any import or white label!

Brains

Legendary Member
It's also a little known fact that Mr Powell's drummer had harnessed time and thus, was 100% capable of pulling off the ultimate in plagiarism.

Mr Powell also wore a harness when doing this number at the Rainbow Islington in 1978.
He was projected on a hydraulic ram 20 rows over the top of the crowd UPSIDE DOWN! drum riser, full kit at all and played the entire thing.

Despite later working in the industry for the likes of Alice Cooper and seeing Pink Floyd live this stunt was arguably the most impressive (and dangerous) I ever saw

Top Bottom