Friday Night is What's your Favourite Song this Week Night

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjh

Legendary Member
There was a documentary about Joy Division on the other night and I've been singing this one all week - it was released as New Order's first single, and I'd almost forgotten it

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Bon is the greatest front man and songwriter ever in my book. Nobody comes close.

Johnson is so poor in both writing and singing it's embarrassing. Just look at the set list for any ACDC gigs and the Bon-era stuff is overwhelmingly to the fore. I'd go as far as saying that I have seen tribute bands with more passion and talent than Johnson.

I have typed this all before (I am a bit of a ranty twat who repeats the same load of shite) but...I went to see ACDC this year after many years of "never see ACDC without Bon" and it is a big regret. I don't usually do "regrets" and all that shite. In fact it's the first time ever. But it reinforced just how good they were with Bon/Malcolm/Angus/Phil and Mark/Cliff. If only Bon had lived, I reckon there would have been no challengers to any rock title ever. He'd have moved them on, as it is they are stuck doing what they did when Bon died. Angus and Malcolm did well to keep it going. Now that Malcolm has gone they are just flat; there is only so much Angus can do. Cliff and Chris "Mr Thunderstruck" Slade are so out of synch it was unbelievable, and Steve Young might as well have given his guitar to a roadie (no disrespect to roadies!) ...

I actually enjoyed the support band more. And they were a good pub band at best!

I have never seen AC/DC as I was too young when Bon Scott was alive. From what footage of seen of them now I would rather not bother, also I dislike large venues. I much prefer small venues and like you say they are past it.

If you want to see a tribute band, see Livewire, they are brilliant. They have 2 lead singers, the guy that does Bon Scott is the best, he's really good and he obviously performs the best tracks. The Brian Johnston singer is good at copying Brian, and also most of the songs they do are off Back In Black, obviously they have to do For Those About To Rock and Thunderstruck. At the end of the set they did a medley of Let There Be Rock with both singers singing a line each, I have to admit it was really, really good and very effective. They are better live than the real AC/DC now, in my very humble opinion. Obviously they also perform in way smaller venues and they do have youth on their side.

I love this track, it is my favourite live recording ever, and way better than the studio version of the track. Just a band at their peak, and the dirty sounding guitars are just brilliant. Hard to believe its a live recording.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
For some reason best known to myself, I let the 13-year old Drama Queen connect her phone to the car Bluetooth. Among the Nightcore (which appears to be the latest craze - songs sped up to not quite Alvin & The Chipmunk squeakiness) was this little gem from Imagine Dragons...

Top Bottom