Friday night music is: An animal in the title or name of the artiste

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

Groundhogs ~ Split

I had the joy of seeing them live... Unforgettable :laugh::laugh:
can I ask when?
i had an opportunity to see them but in the latter days when some had gone.
I got into them in the mid 70s when most of my mates were into serious prog rock and Yes were gods.
Couldn't stand Yes and takles from topographic wotsits but ironically I was introduced to the Bonzos by Rick Wakeman who chose one of their tracks for a favourite records prog so I went out and bought Gorilla which by then was on a budget label.
My Yes-head mates thought me mad/deranged/sad when I played it to them and weren't swayed by Wakeman's approval.
(a while later one of these mates pretty much banished all references to his Yes championing as he had reinventred himself as a punk fan)

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
can I ask when?
i had an opportunity to see them but in the latter days when some had gone.
I got into them in the mid 70s when most of my mates were into serious prog rock and Yes were gods.
Couldn't stand Yes and takles from topographic wotsits but ironically I was introduced to the Bonzos by Rick Wakeman who chose one of their tracks for a favourite records prog so I went out and bought Gorilla which by then was on a budget label.
My Yes-head mates thought me mad/deranged/sad when I played it to them and weren't swayed by Wakeman's approval.
(a while later one of these mates pretty much banished all references to his Yes championing as he had reinventred himself as a punk fan)
It must have been 69/70, I guess, at The Lyceum, Strand. Legs Larry Smith was on the drums.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.

Top Bottom