Friday night music threads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I was thinking about this this morning. Those who contribute, do you just post whatever you think of that meets with the theme or do you do as I do and only post stuff that is in your record collection? Apart from a handful of posts in the past, Chain Reaction by Diana Ross and Saturday Night by Whitfield come to mind, everything I post gives you lucky people a glimpse into my record collection.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Whatever comes to mind normally from my list of favoured artists .

classic33

Leg End Member
I've either had or got the artists on tape/CD/DVD and what I'm posting or posting from something I don't have by the same artists.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Some are songs I own, many are just favourite artists or bands. I do look through track lists once the 'obvious' titles have been posted.

D

Deleted member 1258

I was thinking about this this morning. Those who contribute, do you just post whatever you think of that meets with the theme or do you do as I do and only post stuff that is in your record collection? Apart from a handful of posts in the past, Chain Reaction by Diana Ross and Saturday Night by Whitfield come to mind, everything I post gives you lucky people a glimpse into my record collection.

A mixture, some are in my music folder on my computer, others are songs I remember.

Chislenko

Veteran
Only those I have on vinyl. If I ain't got it I probably don't like it so wouldn't see any reason to foist it on other people.

Stephenite

Membå
I don't have so much a record collection as a recollection. If that makes any sense.

Up until my mid 40s i led quite an itinerant life. I gave the vinyl I'd collected in my early teens to my next youngest brother in the mid 80s (apart from my first ever single). Travelled around for a couple of decades. Picked up the odd CD here and there, and a bunch of CDs have followed me around since the 90s.

When pirating/downloading tracks became a thing in the naughties/00s I just didn't go out at the weekend anymore. Get in a six-pack on the friday and i was in seventh heaven until the sunday, blasting out any- and everything my tiny little mind came upon.

Now, in my fifties i have subscriptions to this and to that. It's not quite the same as owning a lot of physical stuff i know. I love music but I have a record collection of a handful of vinyl and a couple of boxes of CDs (neither see daylight). It's mostly spotify and utoob for me.

Edit to add:
If i could only listen to the music i could afford to own i would be a very poor man indeed.

Last edited:

iandg

Legendary Member
Something that links to the thread title from a favourite artists or a song I like but not necessarily in my collection. I usually look for a YouTube with a video rather than just a pic of the record sleeve or artist but don't always find one.

Last edited:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I post what I know, it might not necessarily be in my "collection"*

* I say "collection" as I now own very little physical media, it is all pretty much digital.

Another question, I post songs that either the title or the artist meet the theme, but I notice that others are posting songs that don't. so I'm assuming that the lyrics have the connection. Which approach is correct?

OP
OP
Chromatic

Chromatic

Legendary Member

* I say "collection" as I now own very little physical media, it is all pretty much digital.

Another question, I post songs that either the title or the artist meet the theme, but I notice that others are posting songs that don't. so I'm assuming that the lyrics have the connection. Which approach is correct?

Like you I try to post stuff where the title or artist meet the theme, and that, in my humble opinion, is the correct approach!
And whilst we're at it, everyone should include the artist and song title in text so that the search function can be used.

Last edited:
Youtube.

I don't have a big enough collection to cover everything, plus some things I've posted haven't been available to own physically.

I do try to match the theme, what I'd really like is a tool to collate the posted songs as a playlist though.

classic33

Leg End Member

Either the song title or the lyrics should cover it. I try for songs where the song itself covers the thread title, as its songs about...

Top Bottom