Friday night music threads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Chromatic

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Like you I try to post stuff where the title or artist meet the theme, and that, in my humble opinion, is the correct approach!
And whilst we're at it, everyone should include the artist and song title in text so that the search function can be used.

Either the song title or the lyrics should cover it. I try for songs where the song itself covers the thread title, as its songs about...
Having just read what @classic33 said, I also try to cover it with the song title if I can.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I'll mostly post music that I can find in my own collection, but there will be the occasional track I know that fits the theme but don't own.

Seevio

Guru
I post songs that I know but not necessarily own. I also must like the song that I post, after all, if I don't like it, how can I expect anyone else to take any pleasure from it.

I also think the song should be obvious from the title/band. Maybe if the lyrics are obviously about the weekly subject it also counts. In general, if you need to explain your choice or quote the lyrics, the song isn't suitable.

As an example, if the subject was "Darkness", Touch too much by AC/DC wouldn't be suitable even if it did say "it was one of those nights where you turn off the lights..."

Top Bottom