FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 21st March - Burnham-on-Crouch via Junction 31

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Character forming!
Fully formed, thank you very much......:smile:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
for comparative purposes, this is the elevation plot of a Brighton FNRttC. as above, keep the scale of the x y axis in mind (yet again, in meters) (x axis is in km)

Screen+Shot+2014-03-20+at+19.56.47.png
Thank you for the plots. It looks to me as though Hill X is about 100 metres rise over about 3.5 km. Ditchling is about 160 over 3 km. I always thought that Ditchling was about 0.8 miles from the cross-roads to the top, so I may have scrambled something.

Attachments

• Screen+Shot+2014-03-20+at+19.56.47.png
    Screen+Shot+2014-03-20+at+19.56.47.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I've taken dellzeqq's route, and converted it to a GPSies track, from which you can download GPX and so forth. As ever, the normal rules apply, so the route may change at any time, with no warning, this is for guidance only.

First Half (up to the Dartford services)

Second Half
how come the lowest we go in the Rotherhithe tunnel is 2.1metres? There are low tides lower than that. And do we have to go to the top of the Monument?

Weather forecast improving. A bit

Last edited:

subaqua

What’s the point
:angry::angry::angry:work have put a stick in the spokes for me.

have to work tomorrow - i will post in the things you wanted to say thread- so won't be coming

TimO

Guru
for comparative purposes, this is the elevation plot of a Brighton FNRttC. as above, keep the scale of the x y axis in mind (yet again, in meters) (x axis is in km)
I can't be bothered with drawing diagrams of this, but looking at the 1:50000 OS Mapping on BikeHike, the contours on this "hill" aren't even remotely as close together as they are on Ditchling Beacon. I don't think it's worth worrying about.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
Thank you for the plots. It looks to me as though Hill X is about 100 metres rise over about 3.5 km. Ditchling is about 160 over 3 km. I always thought that Ditchling was about 0.8 miles from the cross-roads to the top, so I may have scrambled something.

It will be much easier than the Beacon. It seems not only less severe in terms of gradient and length, but will also hit us after roughly 30 miles, while it's something like 45 miles to the Beacon. Plus: getting to the Beacon involves much more climbing than reaching the Essex Alps. Our legs will be fresher.

Top Bottom