FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 24th September to Southend-on-Sea 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TimO

Guru
So nothing that you couldn't reasonably expect a rocket scientist to automate with a script then.

Don't look at me!

I have many many other things on my "getting around to it" list. I've tried ridewithgps.com myself in the past, but found it a little "stuttery" which I suspect would bugger up getting a good recording of that process. I think I'd be tempted to write some code using the Google Maps API and try and generate a video directly using that.

Arch

Married to Night Train
That video is really lovely Andy. As a recent first time night rider, it brought it all back. I loved the sunrise.

Do you think about where you're parking the bike when you stop, so as to get good shots, or was that luck? (I suspect it was all judgement, myself.)

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Do you think about where you're parking the bike when you stop, so as to get good shots, or was that luck? (I suspect it was all judgement, myself.)

50/50. I do try to keep the bike pointed at things of interest (normally the cafe window / food queue) but sometimes provenance just takes over. I'd just decided the best shot would be in leaving the bike at the nearby barriers, boom aimed at the cafe when my lock starts misbehaving. Along comes Halo who offers me space chained alongside her and Martok. I give up the shot, take her kind offer, and position the 'bent so that the lock stands a chance of getting around all three.

In for breakfast goes I, and whilst I'm tucking into fried bread the sun pops up and starts carving loveliness into the movie. :smile:

25092010183.jpg

Apparently it's traditional to take a "first ton" photo so here's Ali W and I's picture - the dubious thumbs up was all Abby's idea I hasten to add!
thumbsup.png

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
[attachment=983:25092010183.jpg]

Apparently it's traditional to take a "first ton" photo so here's Ali W and I's picture - the dubious thumbs up was all Abby's idea I hasten to add!
thumbsup.png

thumbsup.png

You can blame Ian for the thumbs up as he insisted on it for mine, Martin's and Mark's 100 which happened on our way back from Brighton.

Attachments

• thumbsup.png
    thumbsup.png
    447 bytes · Views: 39

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
[QUOTE 1175707"]
Ditto Becs.

Me and Matt were talking about this tonight. We were talking about a cheap Indian. Guess we can organise it at Whitstable?
[/quote]

cool, sounds yummy to me.

However... will we remember anything after the Whitstable ride? :whistle:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Oy, Supperman. Uploads should be easy for a man of your girth. Either post 'em to flickr and link them here, or get the filesize down and attach them to your posts here directly.

If you're trying the latter and its refusing, resample them to 1024x768 before trying to attach. :smile:

Top Bottom