FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Brighton 14th October 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can I just clarify something? Is it absolutely essential to be a Deadhead to come on a Friday Night Ride? Or will a love of the oeuvre of the Jimi Hendrix Experience suffice to scrape me through?

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Although on the Southend ride I think we went somewhere near a place where I had a love affair with Nina, in the back of my Cortina, so you might be OK.

Tim Hall

Of do it yourself dexterity and double glazing skill, if I'm not mistaken.

I find the words of The Big Nosed Bard From Barking going round my head when we ride to Southend.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I think an exposition on the meaning of the early works of 'The Cure' will see you right on the Balcombe Road and around Smallfield. After all, all cats are grey on FNRttC, and Charlotte sometimes.

Erhard was a rogue, of that there is no question, but he has one stroke of genius, or, maybe, luck. He worked out that if you put people in to an unfamiliar situation, bounded by a simple idea, they were more susceptible to beauty. I think it's fair to say that riding through the night does make you more aware of beauty, not just natural beauty, but the beauty of spirit that is inherent in human beings. I've tried, in a small way, to provide a narrative, a shape in to which that appreciation of beauty can be woven. I confess my aspirations were literary - I thought that I could open up a space in which people wrote about pleasure, but it didn't really work out like that. Other expressions of beauty, like pictures and friendships have predominated.

And I'm going to shut up now before I really embarrass myself. Back to TEC strategies........

Due to my enforced hiatus from nocturnal activities, such matters have had to hibernate. But there is a faint light at the end of the tunnel, in the the same way that when our merry band of bicycling brethren journey under the M23 towards Brighton, there is a faint glow of the morning sun in the distance.

I forsee a day when 'Teef's Group of Four will ride again once more into the cold, still night, like the 4 Horsesmen of the Apocalypse, except instead of being the end of worlds, we shall bring light and deliverance from the pestilence of punctures and chain mishaps, sweeping them away faster than a horde of Americans at an All You Can Eat for $10 Buffet. Our wheels will race side by side with the sound of the wind in our ears, and the faint hooting of an owl in the distance and then we will follow Dellzeqq, like Moses leading the faithful into the promised Land, down to the sea.

Or words to that effect.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Due to my enforced hiatus from nocturnal activities, such matters have had to hibernate. But there is a faint light at the end of the tunnel, in the the same way that when our merry band of bicycling brethren journey under the M23 towards Brighton, there is a faint glow of the morning sun in the distance.

I forsee a day when 'Teef's Group of Four will ride again once more into the cold, still night, like the 4 Horsesmen of the Apocalypse, except instead of being the end of worlds, we shall bring light and deliverance from the pestilence of punctures and chain mishaps, sweeping them away faster than a horde of Americans at an All You Can Eat for $10 Buffet. Our wheels will race side by side with the sound of the wind in our ears, and the faint hooting of an owl in the distance and then we will follow Dellzeqq, like Moses leading the faithful into the promised Land, down to the sea.

Or words to that effect.
as long as you're not expecting a new cycle path to Dieppe......
crossing_the_red_sea.jpg

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Now THAT would be a good pic for next year's calendar....................

Top Bottom