FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Brighton 14th October 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thom

____
1534303 said:
You want to see Davy in a one piece skinsuit with "All Up" written on it?

It would help the progress of the back of the ride...

Just to add spice - here's a pic of Davy Teccing himself...in relaxed fashion. Despite many cars passing, he garnered no trade. Must have been the puny legs. No, not the punny Leggs, Davy - the puny legs. Davy at the back in flappy shorts would give anyone the 'all-ups' I'm guessing.
My ideal Tec team is to ride with Adam and the Two Tims (when I used to turn up for rides that is...). Tim H and I could perhaps have a laugh, take a few photos perhaps, while Tim O rummaged for bits and Adam did the rest - always a doddle! :smile: It is so much fun that people seem to ride backwards to be part of the party, which is all wrong, and not conducive to being serious. Or maybe it is the 'repair flasks' that attract - we seem to cover all options on that front.

2j0bjiq.jpg

There could be an all in 1 lycra skinsuit version, low wind resistance, bright yellow, for someone such as Davy who prefers a more modern option.

If it is close to Davy's derriere then it needs to be a high wind resistance suit, Thom. I'll never forget my first ride with Davy, accompanying him around Hertfordshire (ah! memories eh Davy? :smile: ) along with half a dozen malt loaves. :smile:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
you lot laugh, but I witnessed Davy's ascent of the Beacon. Very impressive.

clivedb

Guru
Somewhere or other there'll be a copy of Robert Hunter's 'Basic Tenets of Hypnocracy', but, once again, in the absence of the word, here's the video (again, and I'm sure McW is in there somewhere) http://www.youtube.c...h?v=hOqvN_SSBnk which shows how it's done.

'Consider the rise of hypnocracy during April and May of 1972. In view of his subsequent martyrdom, his penitence and reconciliation with the Bozos it came to be said that St Dilbert was a true hypnocratic missionary to Bololand. Is hypnocracy the aspiration to know what it is?' (Willy Legate from Grateful Dead album Europe 72).

Some pretty basic tenets of Hypnocracy, from the encyclicals of St Dilbert the Arch
It's always ten to six in the land of Zonk
If you need a cow catcher, you're probably on the wrong track
The faster we go the rounder we get

Willy Legate, St Dilbert and so on are Hunter's teasing noms de plume.

A surprise to see Hunter mentioned and the Sunshine Daydream link here. Personally, I prefer the acid logic of hypnocracy to what I know of est... But is Dellzeqq a Deadhead? - there is something consonant with the FNRttC ethos, which he of course embodies.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
hypnocracy was really about the way the Grateful Dead ran their tours and the band. Teamwork was imbued, improvisation the norm, expertise growing organically, all without hierarchy (excepting, perhaps, the key role played by Kesey and the call and response arrangements between Lesh, Weir and Garcia).

I've built a couple of teams professionally, and hypnocracy was the key - although I didn't make a big deal out of it to the bosses. No fixed arrangements, just love, understanding, a thirst for knowledge, the desire to serve and psychotropic drugs. Actually I didn't insist on the drugs.

Erhard was a rogue, of that there is no question, but he has one stroke of genius, or, maybe, luck. He worked out that if you put people in to an unfamiliar situation, bounded by a simple idea, they were more susceptible to beauty. I think it's fair to say that riding through the night does make you more aware of beauty, not just natural beauty, but the beauty of spirit that is inherent in human beings. I've tried, in a small way, to provide a narrative, a shape in to which that appreciation of beauty can be woven. I confess my aspirations were literary - I thought that I could open up a space in which people wrote about pleasure, but it didn't really work out like that. Other expressions of beauty, like pictures and friendships have predominated.

And I'm going to shut up now before I really embarrass myself. Back to TEC strategies........

'Consider the rise of hypnocracy during April and May of 1972. In view of his subsequent martyrdom, his penitence and reconciliation with the Bozos it came to be said that St Dilbert was a true hypnocratic missionary to Bololand. Is hypnocracy the aspiration to know what it is?' (Willy Legate from Grateful Dead album Europe 72).

Some pretty basic tenets of Hypnocracy, from the encyclicals of St Dilbert the Arch
It's always ten to six in the land of Zonk
If you need a cow catcher, you're probably on the wrong track
The faster we go the rounder we get

Willy Legate, St Dilbert and so on are Hunter's teasing noms de plume.

A surprise to see Hunter mentioned and the Sunshine Daydream link here. Personally, I prefer the acid logic of hypnocracy to what I know of est... But is Dellzeqq a Deadhead? - there is something consonant with the FNRttC ethos, which he of course embodies.

Wow! Still ploughing your way through that bulk pack of Acid tabs, Clive? :smile:

Top Bottom