Fridays calendar 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Hope to make one of these. Despite my paying the annual subs the closer ones have always clashed with my son's racing.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I'm planning on doing a 200 miler next year, 135 miles to York and then the York to Hull ride would take me over the mark, another 10 or so to Beverley to see the family and then an 100 miler home on the Sunday :wacko:?

Actually the more I think about it, the more I like this, I'll have company for the unknown distance and if need be I can train it to Beverley..........

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
York-Hull, hopefully, this year- I've already used most of next year's odd days this year (!). Winchester works (I'm out the Saturday night, but no danger of falling asleep…). Brighton- in a week off :smile: Barry, sadly not (I'm Kraftwerking that night), nor Manchester (Rammstein on the Saturday, again). Probably not for Kings Lynn, or for the second and third bits of the triangle (odd days would be needed).

Now, where can I fit the IOW ride in…

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I'm planning on doing a 200 miler next year, 135 miles to York and then the York to Hull ride would take me over the mark, another 10 or so to Beverley to see the family and then an 100 miler home on the Sunday :wacko:?

Actually the more I think about it, the more I like this, I'll have company for the unknown distance and if need be I can train it to Beverley..........

Looks like they've improved the route by taking out the nasty main road climb at South Ferriby and taken in the little suspension bridge, which is well worth a visit on its own.

Trains from Hull back to York were turn up and go for bikes last time I did it, although policies can change so that would need to be checked.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm planning on doing a 200 miler next year, 135 miles to York and then the York to Hull ride would take me over the mark,

I was planning on doing a 24hr ride, leave home about 10am in the morning, make my way to York & then do the night ride, but sadly I'm working all that weekend :sad:, also working for the Manchester - Blackpool ride which I fancied :sad: Thinking of checking other dates & maybe riding from home to London to join on one of the southern rides 🤔

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Looks like they've improved the route by taking out the nasty main road climb at South Ferriby and taken in the little suspension bridge, which is well worth a visit on its own.
Yes, that turns the route into a much more enjoyable one - avoiding the hill involves riding alongside the actual beach next to the actual water. It's a million times better. The much-hyped game of Pooh Sticks at the listed suspension bridge didn't happen. Because Rain. And no moving water.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
My bike handling skills are not the best, so I pushed the short section of dirt track to the farmyard.

But my companion - @EasyPeez - rode it easily enough on his road bike.

I expect most riders capable of doing the distance could do the same.

SA3BR

The Manchester-Blackpool ride is on same weekend as York Rally and there appears to be a direct train from Blackpool North to York.
Was that a deliberate choice or just coincidence?

Slioch

Guru
I was hoping to do the Manchester-Blackpool ride this year, but unfortunately will be in Greece eating gyros and optimising my blood/alcohol levels.

But the York-Hull ride is a couple of days after I get back, so should be in good shape to do that one again. Last year I peeled off at the Humber Bridge to ride back to York to get the distance up to 200km, but this year I may play a more tactical game by continuing to the Wetherspoons for a full english and a couple of pints, before getting the train back to York. :cheers:

Top Bottom