Fridge/freezer door seals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We've got a fridge freezer that's probably still good but when you slam the doors shut they don't stay shut. They used to have that magnetic thing that kept them shut but no longer. Its meaning the fridge often left open. The freezer too and we find out with a puddle, or it freezes with the door open.

Does anyone know if the seals can be easily replaced or is it a simple as putting a fridge freezer lock on it then later replace?

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
We have a similar problem with a freezer unit - not sure if it's applicable to yours but we can get around it by holding the door hard shut for a few seconds following closure which allows it to seal; apparently creating a vacuum inside and keeping the door shut.

Failing that it's probably worth browsing / contacting the usual suspects like espares to check what's available for your model..

presta

Guru
The door seal on my old fridge was split, so I just binned it and bought a new one. It was 43 years old so it didn't owe me anything (apart from all the excess electricity it had been using with the seal split).

Emanresu

If you go to the eSpares site (see link) and put in the model and serial number it should show a) which part and b) a 'how to' video. Sometimes it's cheap to do this. Sometimes it makes more sense to buy again. But worth checking first.

classic33

Leg End Member
Have you tried cleaning the surface of the door seals, and the area where they connect with the fridge/freezer?

Top Bottom