Friends List - Permission setting (FIXED)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
The new friends list appears to list people has friends who aren't - i.e. people who have decided they want to be friends with you but haven't asked. One marketing bot even managed to get listed as a 'friend' on my list (public as well as private). Is there a bug here?

The default is to allow friends without your approval. You have to go into settings and change it so you approve any friend requests.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The default is to allow friends without your approval. You have to go into settings and change it so you approve any friend requests.
Hmm, that should be the other way round then.

Similarly, the option for allowing members to email each other.

Settings should default to maximum privacy. We should have to opt in to things rather than having to opt out of them.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Hmm, that should be the other way round then.

Settings should default to maximum privacy. We should have to opt in to things rather than having to opt out of them.

I think this should go to the top of the to do list.

Shaun

Founder
I hadn't realised that.

I expect there will be a query I can run to turn those settings on/off for everyone. I'll find out.

It possibly won't be until tomorrow evening as I have some personal stuff to attend to this evening.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Shaun

Founder

Members cannot email each other, and email addresses should not be displayed.

Just to test it, please try to email Crackle via the board and let me know how you get on?

Thanks,
Shaun

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Members cannot email each other, and email addresses should not be displayed.

Just to test it, please try to email Crackle via the board and let me know how you get on?

Thanks,
Shaun
Ah, even if the option is enabled it doesn't work! E.g. Flying_Monkey's email option is still enabled but I can't use it. 

Shaun

Founder
Good stuff, that's how I'd configured it - just wanted to make sure it was working as expected.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom