From anothe forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I think we don't need to import this topic from another forum, it's plenty alive here :wacko:

OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
Adrian, they are certainly not fool proof for all accidents. Although it looks like it was for this one.

Pat, I am coming past your way tomorrow, could you please turn the sun on for us.

TCS, no more than I would expect for an Essex guy^_^

OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
Thanks for the offer, we are on the way up to Killin to put a bit of weight on in the hotel there, fantastic grub if you are ever in that area.

Pat "5mph"

Yes, some people have massive thick heads, they would not need a helmet: problem is, how do you know if you fall in the category? :laugh:

Pat "5mph"

2006591 said:
Well, if someone has a massive head but are a bit thick, you could guess there is lot of skull involved. If, on the other hand, they have a small head and are highly intelligent, the skull could be quite thin.
Yes, I think you are right. But now you need to define "thick" and "intelligent" in a manner that can be measured and compared.
Also we should need statistics on average head sizes in the UK.

Interesting pictures.

I note that the helmet has a smooth, round surface with no "snag points" to catch, cause neck or rotational injuries, or to eject the helmet in the worst case scenario

The Norsemen wore helmets when Viking and had thick skulls!

Pagets disease was a not uncommon feature in Norse skeletons (and others of the era), and there are stories of pagetic skulls being able to withstand the impact of an axe.

scan1.jpg

However if the histories are acurate then the great Egill Skallagrímsson not only had a thick skull, but was an intelligent and accomplishes Skald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom