From anothe forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
It's quite illuminating to read the Icelandic Sagas and discover the amazing foresight of these people. Just imagine, they actually had perfected the helmet before anyone had even thought of inventing bicycles.:smile:

albion

Guru
Helmets were compulsory.

It was a racing event !

For the same reason you keep posting. My beliefs.
Full marks for honesty. I wish some others were so straight, that it was a matter of their "beliefs".

Aye - but given the choice between an average extra 4 inches space, and a VERY marked reduction in motor vehicles "invading" my safety bubble, I think your "beliefs" have just lost. Not true - your "beliefs" sank without trace, at least for me, a very long time ago.

I prefer observed evidence. As a second best, I'll accept sound statistics. But ... your "beliefs"? No disrespect, but .................................. no way.

Helmets were compulsory.

It was a racing event !

Just to be pedantic...... This looks like a Giro Selector. If so it is compliant with EN1078.

Unless it also complies with higher standards it would be unacceptable for racing in the US. THe previous Giro Advantage was not permissible.

[QUOTE 2008508, member: 45"]Just to be pedantic, it's a myth that they had horns on. It came about because they were buried with drinking horns placed near the head, and some digger bloke put 2 and 2 together and got it wrong.[/quote]

This helmet was found after the infamous Can 18-30 excursion to Lindisfarne in 793 and is merely the equivalent of:

475610086_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom