From new forest and new to riding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maunder1985

Hi all Is this site just for road bikes or hybrid bikes to . I swim and run a lot but thought I'd expand my cardiovascular and take up cycling . My mate has a hybrid bike so I'd thought I start there . Is there apps or route sites to get routes off . Oh and what clothes to wear as well for a hybrid bike . Is it the same and a road bike . Many thanks lee

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello and welcome. CC is for every kind of bike there is. Road, hybrid, trikes, recumbents, ebikes, folders. New bikes and old bikes.:welcome:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi @Maunder1985 and :welcome:

One of the great things about CycleChat is that it caters for all things cycling.:okay: In answer to the questions already posed:
Yes, there are apps such as Strava and plenty of websites with routes on. Have a browse and you'll find plenty of chat about them.

You can wear pretty much whatever you like on a "hybrid". Road bike clothing will work well or running/walking gear will do the job too.

You'll find answers to pretty much anything you want to know on here and plenty of helpful people to ask.

U

User32269

:welcome: I ride old steel bikes and whatever clothing I chose, manage to look fantastic doing it.

Hi all Is this site just for road bikes or hybrid bikes to . I swim and run a lot but thought I'd expand my cardiovascular and take up cycling . My mate has a hybrid bike so I'd thought I start there . Is there apps or route sites to get routes off . Oh and what clothes to wear as well for a hybrid bike . Is it the same and a road bike . Many thanks lee

:welcome:

There are plenty of nice routes for getting into cycling around the New Forest, be it Road, Hybrid, or Mountain bike. The weather is starting to get to the relatively nice bit of the year as well.

Top Bottom