Frong light replacement for Cateye HL-EL530

arghill

Hi Everyone,

Would be grateful for any recommendations on some new lights to replace my Cateye EL530 which is now dead.

I am after another Cateye and usually order bike stuff from wiggle or evans.

The EL530 was great for brightness and battery life but the beam always seemed a bit too focused to me.

Is there an alternative that would give more splay ?

I am thinking I should be switching to two front lights in case of failure.

Maybe there is a combo of something that spots and something that splays well ?

Although I don't off road as such, I often ride canal paths which have no lighting if that effects suggestions.

Thanks for any ideas.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Don't go cateye fronts - overpriced plastic.

Had EL-510's (3 years ago) and they aren't a patch on current lights - gone - Hope 1's now - the cateye's are on the kids bikes - only use them on the Blackpool ride the lights now.

What's your budget ?

OP
OP
arghill

arghill

Don't go cateye fronts - overpriced plastic.

Had EL-510's (3 years ago) and they aren't a patch on current lights - gone - Hope 1's now - the cateye's are on the kids bikes - only use them on the Blackpool ride the lights now.

What's your budget ?

Thanks for the quick reply fossyant...

I'd already fitted a better bracket for the cateye - as the supplied one was rubbish which was motivating my thoughts somewhat!

Ideally I would like to get 'lit' for £50, hopefully achieving some form of fall back, so two lights even if one is a bit poor but covering me if one fails.

On the back I have the LD1100 and a SL110 which are working well together.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I had a EL530 about 3 years ago & for the money it was very poor. I now use dynamo lights, but have one of THESE as a back up & it's far brighter than the EL530. £23 at the moment, but planet X often have them for £15, so you could buy 3 for under £50 :thumbsup:

Top Bottom