Frong light replacement for Cateye HL-EL530

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arghill

Hi Everyone,

Would be grateful for any recommendations on some new lights to replace my Cateye EL530 which is now dead.

I am after another Cateye and usually order bike stuff from wiggle or evans.

The EL530 was great for brightness and battery life but the beam always seemed a bit too focused to me.

Is there an alternative that would give more splay ?

I am thinking I should be switching to two front lights in case of failure.

Maybe there is a combo of something that spots and something that splays well ?

Although I don't off road as such, I often ride canal paths which have no lighting if that effects suggestions.

Thanks for any ideas.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Don't go cateye fronts - overpriced plastic.

Had EL-510's (3 years ago) and they aren't a patch on current lights - gone - Hope 1's now - the cateye's are on the kids bikes - only use them on the Blackpool ride the lights now.

What's your budget ?

OP
OP
arghill

arghill

Don't go cateye fronts - overpriced plastic.

Had EL-510's (3 years ago) and they aren't a patch on current lights - gone - Hope 1's now - the cateye's are on the kids bikes - only use them on the Blackpool ride the lights now.

What's your budget ?

Thanks for the quick reply fossyant...

I'd already fitted a better bracket for the cateye - as the supplied one was rubbish which was motivating my thoughts somewhat!

Ideally I would like to get 'lit' for £50, hopefully achieving some form of fall back, so two lights even if one is a bit poor but covering me if one fails.

On the back I have the LD1100 and a SL110 which are working well together.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I had a EL530 about 3 years ago & for the money it was very poor. I now use dynamo lights, but have one of THESE as a back up & it's far brighter than the EL530. £23 at the moment, but planet X often have them for £15, so you could buy 3 for under £50 :thumbsup:

Top Bottom