Front and rear brake diagrams...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kell

Veteran
I had to take apart both front and rear brakes at the weekend as they were getting a bit sticky.

But, true to form, I forgot to make a proper note of where all the bits sit in relation to each other so not sure if I've reassembled in the correct order.

Anyone got a link to an exploded diagram? The only link I can find is a post I made on this forum a few years' back about the rear.

I've put them back together and they work while it's on the bike stand but then part of my commute includes a 40mph downhill so I don't want them to fail.

Also, anyone know if it's possible to buy the little ferrules that sit on the springs? I managed to drop both and lose them. :blush:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kell

Kell

Veteran
Couldn't find one online over the weekend so I've had a chat with their tech team this morning and been given a PDF if anyone wants it.

Attachments

• Brompton.PDF
    551.6 KB · Views: 24

classic33

Leg End Member
Something akin to this?
14980478964.jpg

12boy

Guru
My rear brake would not return properly and needed the lever pushed back to release the brake. Took it apart, cleaned and greased it but no joy. My LBS dude, looking at the involved path the cable and housing require, suggested using Jagwire Elite, a cable that has both spiral twisted cable housing and the straight housing used for shifting that doesn't compress under load. Pulled off the old, cut a section of housing to match, and no trouble since with the non return problem. Hope you can find some ferries if it won't be safe without them.

Top Bottom