Front brake removal - road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
You can get nice carbon forks from eXotic on Carbon Components.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Right deposit on new bike put down and I collect tomorrow am. Hoping I have made the right decision, but the geometry of the new bike seems really nice (felt right and I tried out many in the shop) - know nothing about the make (nothing new there then) but its a women's specific frame in a 52cm which made the top tube length more suited to me, so I shouldn't have to shorten the stem etc.... and I have managed to wrangle the £75 trade in and keep my existing wheelset... in fact the guy in the shop was insistent that I kept my old wheels because they are better than the ones on the new bike, so I get the new bike - £75 and 2 sets of wheel in exchange for £695 and the old bike.... I went with a Fuji Finest 1.1 C (feels like I am buying a camera mind you but there we go! It has really good clearances for mudguards (yippee) and will take a rack. Gearing is a compact 50/34 but with a 12-32 cassette fitted so the RD will take bigger should I require it - hopefully I won't! http://www.fujibikes.com/bike/details/finest-11-c

So problem of fitting mudguards has been dealt with... I :surrender:'ed.
Possibly not the cheapest way to deal with it, but :wacko: n-1 in exchange for n+1 and some ££££ happens tomorrow.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Right deposit on new bike put down and I collect tomorrow am. Hoping I have made the right decision, but the geometry of the new bike seems really nice (felt right and I tried out many in the shop) - know nothing about the make (nothing new there then) but its a women's specific frame in a 52cm which made the top tube length more suited to me, so I shouldn't have to shorten the stem etc.... and I have managed to wrangle the £75 trade in and keep my existing wheelset... in fact the guy in the shop was insistent that I kept my old wheels because they are better than the ones on the new bike, so I get the new bike - £75 and 2 sets of wheel in exchange for £695 and the old bike.... I went with a Fuji Finest 1.1 C (feels like I am buying a camera mind you but there we go! It has really good clearances for mudguards (yippee) and will take a rack. Gearing is a compact 50/34 but with a 12-32 cassette fitted so the RD will take bigger should I require it - hopefully I won't! http://www.fujibikes.com/bike/details/finest-11-c

So problem of fitting mudguards has been dealt with... I :surrender:'ed.
Possibly not the cheapest way to deal with it, but :wacko: n-1 in exchange for n+1 and some ££££ happens tomorrow.
Well done plus now you can run summer & winter tyres (I've seen your pics of the lane:eek: )

Top Bottom