Front Light for bike - Advice sought :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
marinyork said:
Indeed, I have a spare hope vision 1, although I haven't got round to getting a new handlebar mount for it :sad:.

Nothing like showing off is there :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: (she says jealously:blush:)

Thing is - didn't it come with a handlebar mount?:biggrin:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
summerdays said:
Nothing like showing off is there :sad::biggrin::biggrin: (she says jealously:blush:)

Thing is - didn't it come with a handlebar mount?:biggrin:

Yes, I had very big taking offs last year and the mount broke on one of them :biggrin:, the light is fine though :smile:.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
SavageHoutkop said:
I love my AyUps :laugh:

So does Mr Summerdays - however they are twice the price of a single Hope 1 (unless you need to join the show-off's above:biggrin:). They do come in more colours than the Hope 1's though - 1 charge a week lasts him for his 60/70 miles a week - don't know how much longer it would last as he charges it every weekend.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
summerdays said:
So does Mr Summerdays - however they are twice the price of a single Hope 1 (unless you need to join the show-off's above:biggrin:). They do come in more colours than the Hope 1's though - 1 charge a week lasts him for his 60/70 miles a week - don't know how much longer it would last as he charges it every weekend.

When I was doing regular rides in winter I found that a charge lasted around 5 days doing between 1 & 1.5 hour rides per night, length of ride varied depending on how cold it was :laugh: I never let them run down completely so there was still some life left.

What I really love about Ayups is if you drop them they dont break, you can take them off the bike in a couple of seconds and fit both the lights and battery in your pocket coz they are small & they dont get hot so no problem waiting for them to cool down to put them in your pocket and of course they are BRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

Yes they are expensive but worth it and I would buy them again, also after stopping selling them in the UK a while ago they are available in the UK again so no lengthy wait anymore.

potsy

Rambler
2 Hope 1's here too,got to be symmetrical innit? And colour coded:biggrin:
Does mean you always have back-up as even with similar batteries in each chances are they won't both go at the same time so when the 1st dies turn it back on flash mode and it will last ages.

OP
OP
D

debeast

Thank you everyone. I'll get meself a Hope1 and a nice backup light just in case.

Maybe for Christmas i can get an upgrade?

thanks again everyone its really appreciated!!!

Nathan

Top Bottom