Front light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zoiders

if that singe light delivers up to 88 lumens that is a fantastic price as I saw one today at the outdoors shop and a similar light with 50 lumens was £40 :ohmy:
The small cree units are bright little buggers, even the ones running off one AA or 3 AAA.

Alpkit are a no fuss online shop, the down jackets are good as well.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I'm not sure that light will be good enough to light up a dark track.

TBH there was no mention of how dark it is. If its like around here its rarely needed. You are however right though, if you need to light up the way then you do have to spend a lot more. Even a Fenix torch is about £40 thesedays iirc.

OP
OP
T

The_East_Stand_View

Thanks for all advice. Ive joined Terry in purchasing the 35, I also bought some over shoes from the web site listed earlier in the thread. I don't expect the light to compete with the 70-80 quid models but for 14quid it's a start and at worse it can be second light in time. I've a feeling after reading reviews it will be great for the price.

I have the 35 and can confirm that the bracket fits oversize bars fine (Cost me 35 quid
cry.gif
).
The bracket has a screw inside it which allows the 'strap' to be shortened or extended a little bit. Then the clamp finishes the job. It was set to small when it arrived and I thought it wouldn't fit my bars...then I read instructions - clever!

It's just enough to ride dark tracks at slowish speeds. Along with a headtorch I think you could probably ride at a decent pace though.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I have the 35 and can confirm that the bracket fits oversize bars fine (Cost me 35 quid
cry.gif
).
The bracket has a screw inside it which allows the 'strap' to be shortened or extended a little bit. Then the clamp finishes the job. It was set to small when it arrived and I thought it wouldn't fit my bars...then I read instructions - clever!

Mine must have come without instructions :whistle: honest :blush:

Top Bottom