Front Lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

oh go on, mention the cost of the MaxxD
Chuffing loads. :biggrin:

I think the Joystick cost me £120 (I think they're £160 now) and the 3-bulb Maxx D was £240 (there's no direct equivalent, the Maxx D has 4 bulbs now and costs £325). I'd probably go for a Strada if I was buying now, because of the two different light patterns, but the Race is pretty darned fine.

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
I use the led light set which was on offer from Lidl a while back which is great for normal road use and I am impressed with the output. But I have just ordered a T6 magicshine clone from DE in China £29 delivered for riding on the "pitch black" area's of my commute home (late shift :sad:). When it does arrive I will have a choice of dipped (Lidl light) and full beam (T6) when needed.

Regards

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
All rounder I'd say the Hope 1 - uses AA's (I have AAA/AA rechargers at home and work)

I have the Magicshine 808E T6 and I'd say it is way to bright for traffic use - it's on my MTB.

But the choice is yours. I have two Magicshine rear lights that I run off 6 x AA packs I built with bits from Maplin - means my commuter bike runs off AA's and AAA's - I've got two chargers at work and the same at home. I can get the whole lot recharged in a day (8 x AA's for the two Hopes, and 12 AA's for the 2 Magicshines).

Top Bottom