Front mudguard needed - but which?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I got a soaking last week using my Trek 3700 for commuting as it has no front mudguard. The spray was being blown back at me from off the top of the front tyre way more than I anticipated - I was still getting wet even after the rain stopped!

It has a rear crud-catcher guard that clamps around the seatpost and one of those bungee-on jobbies that fits to the underside of the downtube to help stop feet getting a soaking, but there's no eyelets for a front guard.

Any recommendations please for a good front mudguard that won't lookout of place on an mtb, will stay put and will keep me dry (well, drier anyway)? I've found this one at Evans, but don't have any idea what's good and what's not in this context.

LizardEye

Edinburgh Cycles do a really good one. I think it's branded their Revolution range. There's an expandable bung that fits into the hole at the bottom of the steerer tube and the mudguard clips onto it. Dead easy to fit and remove - 2 seconds to put on on a rainy morning. Have one on mine and wifes bike. Cost about 8 quid.

Top Bottom