Front Page

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
The current redirection to /forums/ is down to the recent upgrade.

I needed to keep the previous forums in place just in case something went wrong, so I simply replaced the home page with a new one that auto-plonks you here.

I haven't really had any time to consider what else could be done with a home page for CycleChat, but I'll keep your ideas in mind.

There may be plugins/mods that can short-list popular threads for selected forums, etc.

[There's a thrid-party add-on to VB that adds a CMS style frontpage. I'll have a look at what it does and how much work is involved to install it.]

I'll add this to my to-do list. :thumbsup:

chris42

I notice we do have a number of guests on line.
Now some maybe members who are not logged in but some will be people checking out the site.
Would a front page as described help get them to join and add to the discussions?
Maybe.

Shaun

Founder
I need to delete the old forums first. I kept them for backup, but don't think there's any need for them now as VB seems to be working great and everything appears to have settled down nicely.

Once that's done we can look at vBadvanced for the front page.

My only restriction at the moment is time. I'm changing jobs, closing my web design company (and assisting clients to transfer to new providers), selling my house and buying another, and also trying to get builders/decorators quotes for the repairs to our house after the flooding (before we sell).

Over the coming months these things will all be dealt with and I'll hopefully be able to whittle-away at the forums/site.

Keep the ideas coming though as I've created a to-do forum that I can refer to when I've got some free time. ;)

Cheers,
Shaun

chris42

Admin said:
I need to delete the old forums first. I kept them for backup, but don't think there's any need for them now as VB seems to be working great and everything appears to have settled down nicely.

Once that's done we can look at vBadvanced for the front page.

My only restriction at the moment is time. I'm changing jobs, closing my web design company (and assisting clients to transfer to new providers), selling my house and buying another, and also trying to get builders/decorators quotes for the repairs to our house after the flooding (before we sell).

Over the coming months these things will all be dealt with and I'll hopefully be able to whittle-away at the forums/site.

Keep the ideas coming though as I've created a to-do forum that I can refer to when I've got some free time. ;)

Cheers,
Shaun

you don't believe in one thing at a time do you Shaun!!!

Wow good luck