Front wheel not spinning propperly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lordjenks

I went mountain biking at the lookout!! and when i was there i realised that my front wheel wasnt spinning right, so i tured the bike upside down and span it, the wheel did about a half turn before it stopped, nothing was getting caught it just seemed to be giving up a lot of resistance.
a few weeks ago while draggin my bike out the shed and cleaning it up i took off the front wheel and took out the front axle and then tightened it back up and then bolted the wheel back onto the forks, now im not too sure if i have tightened it too much, either the bolts on the axle or the bolts holding the wheel onto the forks or could it be something else?
thanks a ton

Maybe your brakes are not set up correctly, if you stripped down the front axle, maybe you could have overtightened it, but then you would have noticed that when you checked the spin before replacing into the bike. It might be that the locking nuts have become loose, and allowing the bearing to jam.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
When tightening the locknuts up on the axel, you should have a tiny amount of play. When tightened up in the forks/frame, the quick release squeezes a little, taking up the last bit of play. Too tight and you'll knacker the bearings.

Top Bottom