Frustrated

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

Thanks, just sound out the trek domane isn't available until October so I have plenty of time!

Think I understand your problem and its not just tall cyclist that have this problem but cyclist who prefer a more upright position ,what I do myself is look at the size that the manufacturer says will fit (usually 55-58) then I compare the size of the head tube between different bikes.

Basically I think your uncomfortable if your seat is more than a certain height above your handlebars,wouldnt make a difference I think if you were shorter as Im under 6ft and have the same problem.

Specialized secteur and the roubaix ( same geometry on both i think) have larger head tubes and should be better fit for you.

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
Yep the roubaix was one I wanted to try, but again it's a case of only have 52cm in the shops :-)

Supply and demand. IIRC just 2% of the population are over six foot. At 6' 3'' you're in a very exclusive club indeed. There's so little demand in the uk for bikes over 60m that shops just dont stock.

Interestingly, If you lived in Germany or the Neds you'd have no trouble.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Im 6'5 and only need a 61. why do you need a 62? long arms?

also, my 61 CAADX has a reach about 2cm further than my 61 Felt. You really need to try lots, not all measurements are accurate representations of reach.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
6'2.5" here, ride 3 seperate bikes, all size 58cm. Sized up in at least 5 bike shops and very comfortable on all of my bikes. For the height, I cant really imagine the need for a 62cm frame at this height. However proportions differ etc and if you got a professional bike fit and not just got sized up by one LBS, then the conclusion is likely fairly accurate.

I need a 62cm frame
RIBBLE :thumbsup:

I feel your pain though. I'm 6'5" with a 35' inside leg. Finding bikes to test ride is nigh on impossible, finding bikes 'off the peg' is equally difficult IME.

Buying second hand bikes is painstaking as a) they don't come up for sale as much so you have be very patient and b) when they do they fetch good money :cursing:

It's right about Evans as well. £50 deposit and they'll order any bike in for you, build it, and let you test ride it. If you aren't happy for ANY reason, get your money back and walk away.

FWIW I ride a 60cm Cannondale CAAD10 with a slightly longer stem, but they also do the CAAD10 in a 63, but I don't know how easy one would be too source.

I've just sold a 62cm Ribble as well, great bikes TBH, check them out in the link above. Very customisable using their bike builder function.

I've also just ordered a 61cm Felt Feather fixed gear bike, (from Evans), I'll be testing that next week, and getting my money back if I'm not happy.

The bikes are out there, but they can be hard to find, and as Noodely says, the transition from 2012 bikes to 2013 bikes will be having an impact.

I was all set to buy a 2012 Specialized Langster last week, but I can't get one my size and they are now discontinued. I've seen the 2013 bike, (due out early September), but I don't like it. That's how I came to find the Felt I've ordered.

Keep going, check out Ribble, they are great bikes. Their customer service has come in for a fair amount of stick over the years, but TBH I've never had any issues with them. If you can get to their unit at Bamber Bridge near Preston they have a fitting rig there as well :thumbsup:

Top Bottom