Frustrating little things

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin_P

Guru
Then you put it in the frame and close the QR. It moves a namometre and changes from "just so" to "too tight".:cursing:

Forgot about that and it can be quite significant!

I once limped home with a snapped axle with just the skewer holding it together and in place. The power of the skewer cannot be under estimated.

Another one I've just thought of is carefully lining the wordy printed bit on your tyre up with the valve only to find it has moved way out of alignment once you have put the wheel back on and pumped it up!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
The clamps for lights, bells, mirrors that are never quite the right size for your bars. So you have various bodges to get a good fit after you’ve lost the nut and bolt for the twentieth time.

tyred

Legendary Member
Great fun putting a Maillard freewheel block back together while pawl springs ping into the Bermuda triangle.

davidphilips

Veteran
Trying to fix a puncture when really cold in the dark with frozen fingers, nothing seems to go right, tyre just wont come of rim , can not find any thing in tyre that caused puncture then refitting tyre seems like a mixture of solving a rubik cube and some form of torture.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Getting a saddle level and straight. Perfect until you start tightening the clamp bolt/s, fine until the last few turns of the allen key, then somehow it's moved ......

Top Bottom