FS: brand new canyon ultimate cf slx disc 9.0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Polocini

Veteran
For sale. Brand new still boxed never ridden canyon ultimate cf slx disc 9.0.
List price was £4800 but I paid £3854 in the sale.

Size 2xs. I'm 5ft 7 and it sized up nicely.

I've attached a review of it that has full spec and photo. Its currently boxed up.

£3000 collected from manchester or I could meet up somewhere as I travel about but with a bike like this I wouldn't post unless the buyer arranged collection or whatever.

Cheers
AL

Screenshot_20190806-011635_Readly.jpg
Screenshot_20190806-011630_Readly.jpg

Ajax Bay

Guru
If it "sized up nicely" why are you selling this, please? Bump.

Last edited:

Alex1982

Probably why he is asking the question. If it’s brand new and your selling it why did you buy it

seems too good to be true and I would be interested in buying it but would be keen to know why your selling it

OP
OP
Polocini

Polocini

Veteran
Like I said all I've had is daft questions and stupid offers. Although its also advertised on gumtree and fb which attract complete morons! It just seems alien to me that if you are interested in buying something on here you dont just send a dm and have a civilised chat. Then I could give you my info to check out that I'm genuine and take it from there.

I'm actually selling it as I've been given free bikes to use next year so would rather have the cash. I didnt want to say that and look like a show off but hey I've got free bikes so there 😋 But in all seriousness though people sell things when they are short on cash. Asking why on a public forum is bad form. Also just posting on ads with no intention of buying is just a waste of everyone's time.

AL

Rocky

Hello decadence
Could you post pictures of the actual bike, please? - perhaps with the box lid open?

OP
OP
Polocini

Polocini

Veteran
Pale rider - I stand corrected. Posting up to have a laugh is perfectly acceptable.

Bruce - I've got someone wanting to have a look at the bike later so I'll post a pic. I really didnt want to unpack it.

Cheers
AL

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Pale rider - I stand corrected. Posting up to have a laugh is perfectly acceptable.

Bruce - I've got someone wanting to have a look at the bike later so I'll post a pic. I really didnt want to unpack it.

Cheers
AL

Your internet sale experience is interesting, but I suspect quite common.

For whatever reason, some people with no interest in the bike will ask a series of questions about it.

Getting given free bikes to ride sounds good.

I'm guessing you may have secured some racing sponsorship.

If so, well done.

OP
OP
Polocini

Polocini

Veteran
Spartak - you need to ask the size of the bike even though its in the listing. Then when I reply ask if it'll fit someone who's 6ft 5.

It has been interesting selling on fb and gumtree as I think they use bots to spam sellers so it looks like your ad is getting looked at. I keep getting asked if the bike is still for sale. Then after I reply theres nothing else. I genuinely have no idea why someone would ask about something if they have no intention of buying. Maybe it's just me?

Bike is now built up as its looks like its sold. Just waiting on payment.

Cheers
AL

20191121_152350.jpg .

Ajax Bay

Guru
Ajax, are you interested in buying or just asking questions?
If I was selling it to feed my crack habit would that make any difference?
Al - I'm asking a simple question and you're moaning about people asking questions, and then not answering them, till pushed a bit more.
Your advert piqued my interest.
Yes (to the crack habit question - why do you ask 'moronic' questions?). I'd like to have confidence in the seller. The idea of buying a bike for £3800+ and selling it without even opening the box for a loss of £800 suggests that we operate in different environments "just seems alien to me". Your posts on this thread give an insight to your approach.
Good luck with your racing - if that's where the 'free' bikes are coming from next season.
You seem to do nothing on CycleChat except sell stuff. Good luck with this and all your other sales.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Polocini

Polocini

Veteran
Ajax - so exactly as I thought you weren't interested in the bike.

As you'll know with you being such a forum expert that a lot of personal stuff gets aired on here. I can only reiterate that your question should have been asked by dm. I told the truth and now look like I'm showing off that I get free bikes. However the other option was to lie or dodge your question. Imagine if that was someone selling because they had lost their job and needed the money.

I've had a lot of messages regarding the bike and with the genuine people have been happy to answer any questions and share a copy of the receipt.

Although I really can't answer any more completely stupid sizing questions!! ^_^

Cheers
AL

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
There is always one ! Al is a sound fella and has a business in the cycling industry, so goes without saying he will have lots of bikes. I bought a rather nice BMC XC full suspension bike from him a few months back.

I bought some spd's from @Polocini a couple of years ago. In a strange inverse of the norm those pedals i purchased came without a bike.
To say I was disappointed is.... Well..... Understated.

Top Bottom