FS: Calling vinyl fans ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've had this turntable for a number of years but TBH it's never been used, (got no vinyl), and it just came as part of a hi-fi system I bought at the time.

It's a Sony PS-LX56, (means nothing to me).

Looking for around £20 for it. (delivery to be negotiated).

IMG_1670.JPG IMG_1671.JPG IMG_1673.JPG IMG_1674.JPG

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@smokeysmoo my dad told me about these musical turntable thingy's !! :laugh:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I think you may be a bit optimistic at £20. Not being funny, but it's worth approximately nothing - unless someone comes along to say it's a collectable vintage item of course !

A Linn or Rega or whatever is still worth (proper) money, or a Dual might be a small amount of money, but a generic jap item, little or nothing.

Someone might want it to record their record collection from, but that'd be "price of a pint" level
Not trying to "dis" your record dec, - but just saying...

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Has it got a usb outlet to allow it to be connected to a computer?
Considering it's about 12 years old wadda ya reckon? :smile:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Has it got a usb outlet to allow it to be connected to a computer?

Not really much point in those (IMHO) - just plug the "tape out" socket on your amp to your "audio in" or "mic" socket on your sound card in th PC. The gramaphone obviously plugged into the "phono" socket on the amp - this also does a special equalisation (RIAA) which is part of the record playing industry standard as well as boosting the signal up from the rather low level of a pickup cartridge. Modern amps may not have a "phono" input, but the one previously used with the record player obviously will have one.

Top Bottom