[FS] Dolan Track Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
What does he want Smokes

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I did wonder that but I have no idea what a track bike is, other than a bike to be ridden on a track?

It's basically a fixed gear bike without brakes, hopefully not drilled for brakes hence the 'legal for Manchester' bit who can be a bit iffy if they are. Outdoor tracks generally aren't.

Looks like an older 56cm Dolan, still popular though and there's quite a few used by riders at the track. It saves bike and shoe hire so would pay off quickly if you have your own. Also in certain sessions you need your own bike rather than a hire one or for riding elsewhere.

Last edited:

broady

Veteran
hopefully not drilled for brakes hence the 'legal for Manchester' bit who can be a bit iffy if they are

Why would it matter if it has the holes for brakes or not?
As long as they aren't fitted, then I can't see why it would make any difference.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Why would it matter if it has the holes for brakes or not?
As long as they aren't fitted, then I can't see why it would make any difference.
I was thinking the same thing.

The only thing I can think of is that they might not want a bike that had been ridden on the road in case something got transferred from the tyres to the boards?

broady

Veteran
I was thinking the same thing.

The only thing I can think of is that they might not want a bike that had been ridden on the road in case something got transferred from the tyres to the boards?
They just check the tyres when I've been, so make sure they are clean (and the whole bike), but never a problem at Derby taking my outside bike in

Top Bottom